Save the Bank of Everglades Building

The new Bank of the Everglades building was opened in 1927 by Barron Gift Collier. This historic building served as the premier banking location in Collier County until it was relocated to Immokalee in 1960.

     The bank was gifted to the Everglades Society for Historic Preservation in 2021. The building is on the National Register of Historic Buildings and was voted one of the top 11 buildings in the State that should be restored by Florida Preservationist Magazine in 2018.